Sweet Chestnut Cream topped with Raw Chocolate
This is probably the best thing you can do (after Yoga of course :-) on a cold, rainy December day! I love chestnut, so I created this recipe as a refined-sugarfree alternative to the usual Vermicelles you get in stores.
1 cup chestnut, cooked and peeled
1 tablespoon coconut oil
2-3 pieces Medjool dates (pitted)
2-3 tablespoons water or oat milk (or any other plantbased milk of your choice)
1/3 cup hazelnuts (or any nut of your choice)
2 tablespoons raw or rolled oats
2 pieces Medjool dates (pitted)
Raw Chocolate topping:
2 tablespoons raw cacao butter (or use coconut oil instead)
1 1/2 tablespoons raw cacao powder
1 tablespoon coconut blossom sugar
1 pinch of vanilla powder
1. For the base, place all the ingredients (pitting the dates) into the food processor and blend until a sticky ball forms
2. Place the dough on a parchment paper and press down evenly with your fingers until the base mixture is about 0.7cm thick. Place it in the freezer as you prepare the chestnut cream.
3. Process all ingredients of the chestnut cream in the food processor until smooth and creamy. Add water/milk, if it’s too dry.
4. Take the base out of the freezer and form round pieces with a cookie cutter.
5. Place the chestnut cream on the base using a pastry tube and put it in the fridge while you prepare the chocolate topping
6. Slowly melt the cacao butter in a double boiler. Whisk in the rest of the chocolateingredients until you have a lusciously smooth chocolate mixture.
7. Drizzle the chocolate over the chestnut cream.
Author & Photo by: Debora Menet, Yoga Teacher at POP UP YOGA