Find new energy with this simple yogic relaxation technique
This month we are celebrating deep relaxation in our POP UP YOGA classes. But don't wait for your next delicious Savasana, in other words your next break from your hectic every day life. You can do Savasana at home to re-nourish all your senses and recharge your batteries.
The word - Savasana: The name comes from the Sanskrit words Shava (शव, Śava) meaning "corpse" and Asana (आसन, Āsana) meaning "posture" or "seat".
Benefits of Savasana: Savasana is used to holistically rejuvenate your body, mind, and spirit. It is also an excellent way to reduce stress, tension and find inner stillness and peace.
Savasana at home:
1) Dim the lights. Ideally use an eye pillow to cover your eyes. Otherwise just use a scarf to gently cover your eyes.
2) Lie down. Palms facing up.
3) Put this song on. It is 6min. An great duration for a short break.
4) Close your eyes and take 3 deep breaths with full awareness
5) Then enjoy Savasana, corps pose, a passive posture of complete letting-go for 6min.
6) Resurface - Refreshed and re-nourished for the rest of your day.
Enjoy - with love,